Where the tides of history crash into the shores of current events.
Podcasts reviewing history, famous personalities, and their impact on today's world.
Host: Barry Jacobsen
- The HUNDRED DAYS COMES TO A BLOODY END, AS NAPOLEON IS DEFEATED AT WATERLOO (Part 2)
- BELISARIUS AT DARAS: A STUDY IN THE USE OF INTERIOR LINES
- THE DEADLIEST BLOGGER LIST OF THE 25 GREATEST COMMANDERS OF THE MIDDLE AGES
- THE MYTH OF SPARTAN INVINCIBILITY IS DESTROYED AT THE BATTLE OF LEUCTRA
- THE DEADLIEST BLOGGER LIST OF THE 25 GREATEST COMMANDERS OF THE ANCIENT WORLD
Monthly Archives: May 2012
This is the Tenth-part of our discussion of Britain in the so-called Age of Arthur: the 5th though the mid-6th Century A.D. It is a fascinating period, with the Classical civilization of Greece and Rome giving way to the Germanic … Continue reading
In May of 334BC the young king of Macedon, Alexander son of Philip led his army into battle for the first time against the forces of the Persian Empire. The opposing armies met at the River Granicus. It would prove his most dangerous battle, … Continue reading