Where the tides of history crash into the shores of current events.
Podcasts reviewing history, famous personalities, and their impact on today's world.
Host: Barry Jacobsen
- The HUNDRED DAYS COMES TO A BLOODY END, AS NAPOLEON IS DEFEATED AT WATERLOO (Part 2)
- BELISARIUS AT DARAS: A STUDY IN THE USE OF INTERIOR LINES
- THE DEADLIEST BLOGGER LIST OF THE 25 GREATEST COMMANDERS OF THE MIDDLE AGES
- THE MYTH OF SPARTAN INVINCIBILITY IS DESTROYED AT THE BATTLE OF LEUCTRA
- THE DEADLIEST BLOGGER LIST OF THE 25 GREATEST COMMANDERS OF THE ANCIENT WORLD
Monthly Archives: August 2013
In an arid, upland Armenian valley on a hot August day in 1071AD, the Eastern Roman/Byzantine army was destroyed by the Seljuk Turks. There, near the town of Manzikert, the course of medieval history and the map of the Near … Continue reading
The Second Siege of Constantinople: July 717-August 718 (This is a guest cross-post from the amazingly funny and informative blog, GRAPHIC FIRING TABLE. Please take time to go visit that blog; I guarantee you wont be disappointed.) I wanted to … Continue reading
A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine: “From the fury of the Northmen deliver us, O Lord.” This simple prayer was once on the lips of churchmen and parishioners across all of northern Europe; as sleek, dragon-prowed longships carried savage bands … Continue reading