Where the tides of history crash into the shores of current events.
Podcasts reviewing history, famous personalities, and their impact on today's world.
Host: Barry Jacobsen
- The HUNDRED DAYS COMES TO A BLOODY END, AS NAPOLEON IS DEFEATED AT WATERLOO (Part 2)
- BELISARIUS AT DARAS: A STUDY IN THE USE OF INTERIOR LINES
- THE DEADLIEST BLOGGER LIST OF THE 25 GREATEST COMMANDERS OF THE MIDDLE AGES
- THE MYTH OF SPARTAN INVINCIBILITY IS DESTROYED AT THE BATTLE OF LEUCTRA
- THE DEADLIEST BLOGGER LIST OF THE 25 GREATEST COMMANDERS OF THE ANCIENT WORLD
Monthly Archives: October 2013
The Battle of Brunanburh is largely unknown to all but the most die-hard buffs of Anglo-Saxon or Viking history. But it is a battle that deserves to be remembered. For it was the largest and bloodiest battle fought in Anglo-Saxon England prior … Continue reading
On the 14th of October, in the year 1066, two determined opponents met on a battlefield in southeastern England. They faced each other near Hastings, one English, the other Norman. The English were arrayed upon a hill overlooking a shallow valley; and they would doggedly defend this … Continue reading