Where the tides of history crash into the shores of current events.
Podcasts reviewing history, famous personalities, and their impact on today's world.
Host: Barry Jacobsen
- The HUNDRED DAYS COMES TO A BLOODY END, AS NAPOLEON IS DEFEATED AT WATERLOO (Part 2)
- BELISARIUS AT DARAS: A STUDY IN THE USE OF INTERIOR LINES
- THE DEADLIEST BLOGGER LIST OF THE 25 GREATEST COMMANDERS OF THE MIDDLE AGES
- THE MYTH OF SPARTAN INVINCIBILITY IS DESTROYED AT THE BATTLE OF LEUCTRA
- THE DEADLIEST BLOGGER LIST OF THE 25 GREATEST COMMANDERS OF THE ANCIENT WORLD
Tag Archives: Philip of Macedon
One of the most popular topics of discussion among historians (both amateur and professional) concerns what generals in history deserve to be ranked as “Great”; and of these, who was the greatest. The former is more easily determined than … Continue reading
In May of 334BC the young king of Macedon, Alexander son of Philip led his army into battle for the first time against the forces of the Persian Empire. The opposing armies met at the River Granicus. It would prove his most dangerous battle, … Continue reading